Uneven exposure and color may result if you shoot at fast shutter speeds under flickering light sources such as fluorescent lights, due to uneven vertical exposure. Anti-flicker shooting enables viewfinder shooting at moments when exposure and colors are less affected by flickering.
Select [: Anti-flicker shoot.].
Take the picture.
- When [Enable] is set and you shoot under a flickering light source, the shutter-release time lag may become longer. Also, the continuous shooting speed may become slower, and the shooting interval may become irregular.
- Not applied to mirror lockup shots, Live View shooting, or movie recording.
- Flicker at a frequency other than 100 Hz or 120 Hz cannot be detected. Also, if the flickering frequency of the light source changes during continuous shooting, effects of the flicker cannot be reduced.
- In the or mode, if the shutter speed changes during continuous shooting or if you shoot multiple shots of the same scene at different shutter speeds, the color tone may become inconsistent. To avoid inconsistent color tone, shoot in or mode at a fixed shutter speed.
- Color tone of captured images may vary between [Enable] and [Disable].
- Shutter speed, aperture value, and ISO speed may change when you start shooting with AE lock.
- If the subject is against a dark background or if there is a bright light in the image, flicker may not be properly detected.
- Flicker reduction may not be possible under special lighting.
- Depending on the light source, flicker may not be detected properly.
- Depending on the light sources or shooting conditions, the expected result may not be obtained even if you use this function.
- Taking test shots in advance is recommended.
- When you shoot with flicker reduction,  will light up. If  does not appear in the viewfinder, set [Flicker detection] in [: Viewfinder display] to [Show] (). Under a light source that does not flicker or with no flicker detected,  will not be displayed.
- Even if you set [: Anti-flicker shoot.] to [Disable], with [Flicker detection] set to [Show],  in the viewfinder will blink to warn you if the camera meters under a flickering light source.
- In Basic Zone,  will not be displayed, but the effects of flicker will be reduced when you shoot.
- The expected result may not be obtained for wireless flash photography.