Editing a Movie's First and Last Scenes
In single-image display, press .
- The movie playback panel will appear.
On the movie playback panel, select .
Specify the part to be edited out.
- Select either  (Cut beginning) or  (Cut end).
- Press the keys to go back or forward one frame (or video snapshot) at a time. Keep holding down the key to fast forward.
- After deciding which part to edit out, press . The portion indicated by a line at the bottom of the screen will remain.
Check the edited movie.
- Select  to play back the edited movie.
- To change the edited part, go back to step 3.
- To cancel the editing, press the button.
Save the image.
- Select  (1).
- The save screen will appear.
- To save it as a new file, select [New file]. To save it and overwrite the original movie file, select [Overwrite].
- Select  (2) to save a compressed version of the file. 4K movies are converted to Full HD movies before compression.
- On the confirmation screen, select [OK] to save the edited movie and return to the movie playback screen.
- Because editing is performed in approx. 1 sec. increments (at the position indicated by  at the bottom of the screen), the actual position where movies are trimmed may differ from your specified position.
- Movies recorded with another camera cannot be edited with this camera.
- You cannot edit a movie when the camera is connected to a computer.
- Compress and save is not available for movie recording sizes of (NTSC) or (PAL).
- For instructions on editing video snapshot albums, see Creating Albums.