Using the Self-Timer
Press the button.
Select the self-timer.
/: Shoot in 10 sec.
/: Shoot in 2 sec.
: Shoot continuously in 10 sec. for the specified number of shots
Press the keys to set the number of multiple shots (2 to 10) to be taken with the self-timer. Remote control shooting is not possible.
-  and  icons are displayed when the camera is paired with a wireless remote control (sold separately, ).
Take the picture.
- Focus on the subject, then press the shutter button completely.
- To check operation, look at the self-timer lamp, listen for beeps, or watch the countdown in seconds on the screen.
- The self-timer lamp blinks faster approx. 2 sec. before the shot.
- With , the shooting interval may become longer under some shooting conditions, depending on image quality, use of flash, and other factors.
- Light that enters the viewfinder may prevent suitable exposure.
-  can be used to start shooting without touching the camera and avoid camera shake when it is mounted on a tripod for still-life or long exposure shots.
- After taking self-timer shots, playing back the image () to check focus and exposure is recommended.
- When using the self-timer to shoot yourself, use focus lock () on an object at the same distance as where you will stand.
- To cancel the self-timer, either tap the screen or press .
- If remote control shooting is enabled, the auto power off will take effect in approx. 2 min. even if [: Auto power off] is set to 1 min. or less.