Exposure Lock (AE Lock)
You can lock the exposure when you want to set the focus and exposure separately or when you are to take multiple shots at the same exposure setting. Press the button to lock the exposure, then recompose and take the picture. It is effective for shooting backlit subjects, etc.
Focus on the subject.
- Press the shutter button halfway.
Press the button ().
- A  icon is displayed in the viewfinder or on the screen, indicating that the exposure is locked (AE lock).
- Each time you press the button, the current exposure setting is locked.
Recompose and take the picture.
- When you are to take more pictures while maintaining the AE lock, keep holding down the button and press the shutter button to take another picture.
AE Lock Effects
|Metering mode ()||AF Point Selection (, )|
|Automatic Selection||Manual Selection|
|Exposure value centered on the AF point in focus is locked.||Exposure value centered on the selected AF point is locked.|
|AE lock is applied at the center AF point.|
When is set and the lens's focus mode switch is set to , AE lock is applied with the exposure value weighted on the center AF point.
- AE lock is not possible with bulb exposures.