Press the button.
Select the drive mode.
 Single shooting
When you press the shutter button completely, only one shot will be taken.
 High speed continuous
When you hold down the shutter button completely, you can shoot continuously at max. approx. 7.0 shots/sec. (Live View shooting: max. approx. 7.5 shots/sec.) while you keep holding it down. When the AF operation is set to [Servo AF] in Live View shooting, the continuous shooting speed will be max. approx. 4.5 shots/sec.
 Low speed continuous/Continuous shooting
When you hold down the shutter button completely, you can shoot continuously at max. approx. 3.0 shots/sec. while you keep holding it down.
 Self-timer: 10 sec/remote control
 Self-timer: 2 sec/remote control
- The maximum continuous shooting speed for () is the value in continuous shooting under these conditions: shooting with a fully charged Battery Pack LP-E17 at a 1/1000 sec. or faster shutter speed and maximum aperture value (depending on the lens), Image Stabilizer off (depending on the lens), at room temperature (23°C/73°F), with flicker reduction disabled.
- The continuous shooting speed for may become slower depending on factors such as temperature, battery level, flicker reduction, shutter speed, aperture value, subject conditions, brightness, AF operation, lens, live view shooting, built-in flash use, and shooting function settings.
- With [: Anti-flicker shoot.] set to [Enable] (), shooting under flickering light may decrease the maximum continuous shooting speed. Also, the continuous shooting interval may become irregular and the release time lag may become longer.
- With AI Servo AF/Servo AF, the maximum continuous shooting speed may become slower depending on the subject conditions and the lens used.
- If the battery temperature is low due to a low ambient temperature, the maximum continuous shooting speed may become slower.
- When internal memory becomes full during continuous shooting, the continuous shooting speed may drop off because shooting will be temporarily disabled ().