Movie Recording Format
You can specify the format of movie files recorded. For RAW+MP4 recording, select [,] in the [ Rec options] setting of [: Record func+card/folder sel.].
Select [: Movie rec. format].
Select an option.
RAW (6K RAW) movies are raw, unprocessed data from the image sensor that are recorded to the card digitally.
You can use Digital Photo Professional (EOS software) to process RAW movies. You can make various adjustments to images depending upon how they will be used and can generate JPEG, HEIF, or other types of images reflecting the effects of those adjustments.
- RAW movies cannot be processed with [: RAW image processing].
- To display RAW movies on a computer, using Digital Photo Professional (EOS software, hereafter DPP) is recommended.
- Older versions of DPP Ver. 4.x do not support display, processing, editing, or other operations with RAW movies recorded by this camera. If a previous version of DPP Ver. 4.x is installed on your computer, obtain and install the latest version of DPP from the Canon website to update it (), which will overwrite the previous version. Similarly, DPP Ver. 3.x or earlier does not support display, processing, editing, or other operations with RAW movies recorded by this camera.
- Commercially available software may not be able to display RAW movies recorded by this camera. For compatibility information, contact the software manufacturer.
- To prioritize gradation in highlights, set [Canon Log] in [: Canon Log settings] to [On ()]. This is recommended for Cinema EOS and RAW movies.