Live View Shooting
Set the Live View shooting/Movie shooting switch to .
Display the Live View image.
- Press the button.
- Live View images are displayed nearly as bright as your shots.
Select a shooting mode.
- Press the button and turn the or dial to select the shooting mode.
Focus on the subject.
Take the picture.
- Press the shutter button completely.
- Press the button to exit Live View shooting.
- Live View images viewed outdoors on a sunny day may look different from the actual brightness and mood of your shots. For image display unaffected by ambient light, set the brightness in [: Disp. brightness] to level 4.
- The field of view is approx. 100% (with image size set to JPEG/).
- The camera will turn off automatically if left idle for the time set in [: Auto power off] (). When the setting is set to [Disable], the camera exits Live View shooting automatically in approx. 30 min. and remains on.
- With HDMI Cable HTC-100, you can display Live View images on a television (). Note that no sound will be output.
- You can view a histogram when [: Expo. simulation] is set to [Enable] () by pressing the button repeatedly.
- White display of the  icon indicates that brightness of Live View images will closely match the brightness of your shots.
- If the  icon is blinking, it indicates that the image is displayed at a brightness that differs from the actual shooting result because of low- or bright-light conditions. However, the actual image recorded will reflect the exposure setting. Note that the noise may be more noticeable than the actual image recorded.
- Exposure simulation may not be performed under some shooting settings. The  icon and histogram will be displayed in gray. The image will be displayed on the screen at the standard brightness. The histogram may not be properly displayed in low- or bright-light conditions.