Turning on the Power
The camera turns on.
The camera is turned off and does not function. Set the power switch to this position when not using the camera.
- If you set the power switch to while an image is being recorded to the card, [Saving...] will be displayed and the power will turn off after the recording finishes.
Setting the Date, Time, and Time Zone
If you turn on the camera and the date/time/zone setting screen appears, see Date/Time/Zone to set the date/time/zone.
Changing the Interface Language
To change the interface language, see Language.
Automatic Sensor Cleaning
- Whenever the power switch is set to / or , the sensor is cleaned automatically (which may make a faint sound). During the sensor cleaning, the screen will display .
- Even during sensor cleaning, you can stop cleaning and shoot immediately by pressing the shutter button halfway ().
- If you repeatedly turn the power switch to / or within a short time period, the icon may not be displayed, but this does not indicate the camera is malfunctioning.
Battery Level Indicator
When the power switch is set to , the battery level will be indicated.
- Doing any of the following will exhaust the battery faster:
- Pressing the shutter button halfway for a prolonged period.
- Activating the AF frequently without taking a picture.
- Using the lens's Image Stabilizer.
- Using the Wi-Fi function or Bluetooth function.
- Using the screen frequently.
- The number of available shots may decrease depending on the actual shooting conditions.
- Lens operations are powered by the camera's battery. Certain lenses may exhaust the battery faster than others.
- See [: Battery info.] to check the battery status ().