Flash Coverage Setting
Flash coverage can be set automatically or manually. Set to (Auto) for automatic adjustment of flash coverage to suit the focal length (shooting angle of view) of the attached lens and the size of the image sensor (). With (Manual), you can manually set flash coverage in a range of 24–200 mm.
Push the joystick straight in.
Select the item shown in (1).
- Press the joystick vertically or horizontally or turn to select the item, then push the joystick straight in.
Set the flash coverage.
- Press the joystick vertically or horizontally or turn to select the flash coverage, then push the joystick straight in.
- To set automatically, select , and to set manually, select a value (focal length in mm).
- Flash coverage that you set manually should match or exceed the shooting angle of view, to avoid vignetting.
- A warning is displayed on the LCD panel when a lens with a focal length less than 24 mm is attached. Similarly, a warning is displayed when you are using a camera with an image sensor smaller than full-frame and the actual shooting angle of view exceeds that of a 24 mm lens.
- can also be assigned to vertical or horizontal joystick positions, in P.Fn-08.
The built-in wide panel enables flash photography covering the angle of view of an ultra wide-angle lens with a focal length of 14 mm.
Pull out the wide panel.
- Pull out the tab in the middle of the wide panel.
- The white catchlight panel comes out with it.
Push back the catchlight panel.
- Push back the catchlight panel by itself, leaving the wide panel down.
- A warning appears on the LCD panel when the wide panel is used in bounce flash photography, because underexposure is more likely to occur under these conditions.
- Do not pull out the wide panel with excessive force. This may detach it from the Speedlite.
- Not compatible with shooting angles of view from the EF15mm f/2.8 Fisheye or EF8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM.
- Flash coverage is set automatically when the wide panel is used. It cannot be changed manually.