What you can do with MFT
- Your shots (JPEG still images) can be transferred to an FTP server.
- Besides automatically transferring images when you shoot, you can manually select and transfer images later as well as transfer several images that meet the conditions you specify.
- You can edit and add IPTC information to transferred images.
- The wireless connection for cameras and smartphones supports tethered connections that connect smartphones and cameras directly as well as access point connections that connect through smartphone routers, etc.
Compatible smartphones and cameras
- EOS R5, EOS R6, EOS-1D X Mark III (firmware Ver. 1.2.0 or later), EOS-1D X Mark II (firmware Ver. 1.1.0 or later)
- Smartphones with iOS 14 or later
- Additional contracts or costs may occur depending on the mobile line used.
- Pay attention to the remaining battery life of your smartphone and camera.
- Images transferred to FTP servers are not saved on smartphones.
- Only images taken with cameras connected via MFT can use FTP transfers. Images taken with other cameras may not be transferred to FTP servers.