The FE (Flash Exposure) lock locks the correct flash exposure setting for any part of the subject.
With or is displayed in the panel, push the or (AE lock) and buttons on the camera.
Focus on the subject.
Press the button ().
- With the subject at the center of the viewfinder, press the camera's button.
- The Speedlite will fire a preflash and the required flash output for the subject is retained in memory.
- "FEL" will be displayed in the viewfinder for approx. 0.5 sec.
- Each time you press the button, a preflash will be fired and the new flash output required at that time is retained in memory.
- If a correct exposure cannot be obtained when FE lock is performed, blinks in the viewfinder. Move closer to the subject or open the aperture, and perform FE lock again. You can also set a higher ISO speed and perform FE lock again when using a digital camera.
- If the target subject is too small in the viewfinder, FE lock may not be effective.