Movie Digital IS
The camera’s Movie digital IS feature reduces camera shake as movies are recorded. Movie digital IS can provide effective stabilization even when your lens is not equipped with Image Stabilizer. When using a lens equipped with Image Stabilizer, set the lens’s Image Stabilizer switch to .
Select [: IS (Image Stabilizer) mode].
Select [ Digital IS].
Select an option.
Image stabilization with Movie digital IS is disabled.
Camera shake will be corrected. The image will be slightly magnified.
Compared to when [Enable] is set, stronger camera shake can be corrected. The image will be more magnified.
- Movie digital IS will not function when the lens’s optical Image Stabilizer switch is set to .
- With a lens whose focal length is longer than 800 mm, Movie digital IS will not function.
- Movie digital IS is not available when the camera is set to use Movie digital zoom or record time-lapse movies.
- The wider the angle of view, the more effective the image stabilization will be. The narrower the angle of view, the less effective the image stabilization will be.
- Consider setting to [Disable] when using TS-E, fish-eye, or non-Canon lenses.
- Effects of Movie digital IS are not applied to images during magnified display.
- Since Movie digital IS magnifies the image, the image looks more grainy. Noise, dots of light, etc. may also become noticeable.
- Depending on the subject and shooting conditions, the subject may blur noticeably (the subject momentarily looks out of focus) due to the effects of the Movie digital IS.
- When Movie digital IS is set, the size of AF points will also change.
- When using a tripod, setting Movie digital IS to [Disable] is recommended.
Even more effective correction is possible by recording movies with Movie digital IS and a Combination IS-compatible lens, which will combine optical and digital image stabilization by the lens and camera.
- For details on lenses compatible with Combination IS, visit the Canon website.
- “+” is added to the Movie digital IS icon () when a lens compatible with Combination IS is used.