With the recording size set to / (NTSC) or  (PAL), you can shoot with approx. 3–10× digital zoom.
Select [: Digital zoom].
Select an option.
- Select the amount to zoom, then press .
- Press the button to close the menu.
Use digital zoom.
- Press the button.
- The digital zoom bar will appear.
- Press the key to zoom in or press the key to zoom out.
- Pressing the shutter button halfway focuses with [1-point AF] (fixed at center).
- To cancel digital zoom, select [Disable] in step 2.
- Using a tripod to prevent camera shake is recommended.
- Time-lapse movies, Creative filters, Movie digital IS, and Auto level are not available.
- The maximum ISO speed will be ISO 6400.
- A magnified view is not available.
- Since Movie digital zoom processes the image digitally, the image will look grainier at higher magnifications. Noise, dots of light, etc. may also become noticeable.
- The scene icon will not be displayed.
- Also see Shooting Conditions That Make Focusing Difficult.