Still photo shooting functionality is the same as in mode. Note that Creative Assist is not available.
Set the Mode dial to .
- Read the message and select [OK].
- Compose your shots and shoot.
- For more impressive digest movies, keep the camera aimed at subjects for about 4 sec. before shooting still photos.
- Battery life is shorter in this mode than in mode, because digest movies are recorded for each shot.
- A digest movie may not be recorded if you shoot a still photo immediately after turning the camera on, selecting mode, or operating the camera in other ways.
- Any sounds and vibrations from your camera or lens operations will be recorded in digest movies.
- Digest movie image quality is for NTSC or for PAL. This varies depending on the video system setting.
- The camera does not beep in response to operations such as pressing the shutter button halfway or using the self-timer.
Digest movies are saved as separate movie files in the following cases even if they were recorded on the same day in mode.
- Digest movie recording time reaches approx. 29 min. and 59 sec. (and may also be saved separately if size exceeds approx. 4 GB).
- Digest movie is protected.
- Daylight saving time, video system, or time zone settings are changed.
- Recorded shutter sounds cannot be modified or erased.