Attaching and Detaching the Speedlite
Attach the Speedlite.
- Remove the camera shoe cover and Speedlite mounting foot cover.
- Insert the Speedlite slowly, making sure the Speedlite mounting foot is aligned with the camera multi-function shoe.
- Insert the Speedlite mounting foot all the way into the hot shoe.
Secure the Speedlite.
- Slide the mounting foot lock lever to the right.
- The lock lever is locked when it clicks into place.
Detach the Speedlite.
- While pressing the lock-release button, slide the lock lever left and remove the Speedlite.
- Be sure to turn off the Speedlite before attaching or detaching it.
- Forcing the Speedlite onto a camera without a multi-function shoe may damage it or the camera.
- Do not allow hard objects to touch the contacts. This may damage the camera.
- Do not touch the contacts with your fingers. This may lead to corrosion. Corroded contacts may cause malfunctioning.
- Blow off any foreign material on the multi-function shoe with a commercially available blower or similar tool.
- Allow the multi-function shoe to dry before use if it gets wet.