Miniature Effect Movies
By blurring image areas outside a selected area, you can record movies with a miniature model effect applied. You can also choose a playback speed before recording to create movies that resemble miniature scenes with people and objects moving in fast motion. Note that sound is not recorded.
- Press the button, and on the Quick Control screen, select .
- Select , , or  as the playback speed.
Move the scene frame.
- Use the scene frame to set an area that will look sharp.
- Press the button to enable movement of the scene frame, which turns orange.
- To switch the scene frame orientation, use the keys when it is in horizontal orientation or the keys when it is in vertical orientation.
- To move a horizontal scene frame, press the keys, and to move a vertical scene frame, press the keys.
- To center the scene frame again, press the button.
- To confirm the position of the scene frame, press the button. Next, set the AF point.
Move the AF point.
- The AF point turns orange and can be moved.
- Press the keys to move the AF point to the position to focus on.
- Aligning the AF point and scene frame is recommended.
- To return the AF point to the center of the screen, press the button.
- To confirm the position of the AF point, press the button.
Record the movie.
- Press the movie shooting button.
Speed and playback time (for a 1-minute movie)
|Approx. 12 sec.|
|Approx. 6 sec.|
|Approx. 3 sec.|
- To make people and objects in the scene move quickly during playback, select , , or  before recording the movie. Movies will resemble scenes in a miniature model.
- Sound is not recorded.