Charging the Camera
Charge the camera.
- Use the interface cable provided to connect the digital terminal on the camera to the power adapter (sold separately) to charge the camera.
- After charging begins, the indicator lamp turns orange.
- The indicator lamp goes off after charging is finished.
Charging the camera when it is fully depleted takes approx. 1 hr. and 50 min. at room temperature (23°C/73°F). The time required to charge the battery will vary greatly depending on the ambient temperature and the battery’s remaining capacity.
- For safety, charging in low temperatures (5–10°C/41–50°F) takes longer.
- The camera can also be used while plugged in for charging.
- Charging and powering may stop if the camera becomes hot.
- For charging and powering the camera, an optional USB Power Adapter PD-E1 is recommended. Some commercially available power adapters (USB Type-C Power Delivery, with an output voltage/current of at least 9V DC/2A) have also been confirmed to work with the camera. For details, check the Canon website.
The camera is not fully charged when you receive it.
Charge the battery before use.
Charge the camera on the day you will use it or the day before.
The built-in battery will gradually lose its charge, even if it is not used.
Use the camera where the temperature is 0–35°C (32–95°F).
For optimal camera performance, use where the ambient temperature is 0–35°C (32–95°F). Lower temperatures may temporarily reduce the performance and life of the built-in battery. Higher temperatures may prevent continuous shooting if the camera becomes hot.