Charging the Battery
Remove the attached protective cover.
Attach the battery securely to the charger.
Recharge the battery.
- As shown by the arrow, flip out the battery charger's prongs and insert the prongs into a power outlet.
- Connect the power cord to the charger and insert the plug into a power outlet.
- Recharging starts automatically and the charge lamp blinks in orange.
|Charge Level||Charge Lamp|
|0-49%||Orange||Blinks once per second|
|50-74%||Blinks twice per second|
|75% or higher||Blinks three times per second|
It takes approx. 2 hr. and 10 min. to fully recharge a completely exhausted battery at room temperature (23°C / 73°F). The time required to recharge the battery will vary greatly depending on the ambient temperature and the battery's remaining capacity.
- For safety reasons, recharging in low temperatures (5-10°C / 41-50°F) will take longer (up to approx. 4 hr.).
The battery is not charged at the time of purchase.
Please charge it before use.
Charging should be done on the day of use or a day earlier.
Even when charged and stored, the capacity of the battery gradually decreases due to natural discharge.
- When charging is completed, remove the battery and disconnect the plug from the outlet.
You can know whether the battery is fully charged or depleted by the mounting direction of the protective cover.
The attached protective cover can change its color when seen through the window of the protection cover depending on the mounting direction. You can judge the status of the battery by pre-determining the charged and used colors.
Remove the battery when not using the flash.
If the battery is left in the flash for a long period of time, a small amount of current will flow, resulting in over-discharging and shortening the battery life. Attach the battery protection cover and store it. In addition, the performance may be reduced when the unit is stored with the battery fully charged.
The charger can be used overseas too.
The charger is compatible with a household power supply of 100V to 240V 50/60 Hz. Use a commercially available power plug conversion adapter that is compatible with your country or region. Do not connect the charger to an electronic transformer for overseas travel as this may damage the charger.
If you can't use it immediately after charging it fully, this means the battery has reached the end of its life.
Check the battery deterioration before purchasing a new battery.
- When you disconnect the charger from the outlet, do not touch the charger plug for about 10 seconds.
- When the remaining battery level is 90% or more, charging will not be performed.
- Store in a cool, dry and well-ventilated place.
- Even when the battery is removed from the Speedlite, a very small amount of current may flow inside the battery. This results in over-discharging when the battery is left in this state for a long time, so you may not be able to use the battery even if you charge it.
- When storing the battery for a long time, charge it about once a year to about 50% before storing it.