Highlight Tone Priority
You can reduce overexposed, clipped highlights.
Select [: Highlight tone priority].
Set an option.
- [Enable]: Improves gradation in highlights. The gradation between the grays and highlights becomes smoother.
- [Enhanced]: Reduces overexposed highlights even more than [Enable], under some shooting conditions.
- Noise may increase slightly.
- The available ISO range starts at ISO 200. Expanded ISO speeds cannot be set.
- With [Enhanced], results in some scenes may not look as expected.
- [: Highlight tone priority] is set to [Enable] and cannot be changed after you set [: HDR shooting ] to [Enable] by pressing the button to add a checkmark to this setting.
- [: Highlight tone priority] will be set to [Disable] even if you set [: HDR shooting ] to [Enable], with [Adjust dyn range] in [: HDR Mode] set to an option other than [Disable HDR].