Fully Automatic Flash Photography
E-TTL II and E-TTL fully automatic flash shooting is available when the camera is set to (Program AE) or fully automatic shooting mode.
Select with the joystick.
Press the joystick vertically or horizontally or turn to select , then push the joystick straight in.
Focus on the subject.
- Press the shutter button halfway to focus.
- The shutter speed and aperture value are displayed in the viewfinder.
- Confirm that appears in the viewfinder.
Take the picture.
This is an example of display when the camera is in (Program AE) mode.
- Confirm that the subject is within the effective flash range (1).
- Pressing the shutter button completely fires the flash and takes a picture.
- If the subject in your shot looks dark (underexposed), try approaching the subject before you shoot again. You can also try increasing the ISO speed.
- Fully automatic modes include , , and .
- is shown on the LCD panel, even when the Speedlite is used with cameras supporting E-TTL II.
- After shooting, turn off the camera and Speedlite, remove the Speedlite from the camera, and attach the mounting foot cover before storage.