Safety Instructions

Be sure to read these instructions in order to operate the product safely.

Follow these instructions to prevent injury or harm to the operator of the product or others.

Denotes the risk of serious injury or death.
  • Use only power sources specified in this instruction manual for use with the product.
  • Do not disassemble or modify the product.
  • Do not expose the product to strong shocks or vibration.
  • Do not touch any exposed internal parts.
  • Stop using the product in any case of unusual circumstances such as the presence of smoke or a strange smell.
  • Do not use organic solvents such as alcohol, benzine or paint thinner to clean the product.
  • Do not get the product wet. Do not insert foreign objects or liquids into the product.
  • Do not use the product where flammable gases may be present.

    This may cause electric shock, explosion or fire.

  • Do not touch the product connected to a power outlet during lightning storms.

    This may cause electric shock.

  • Periodically remove any dust buildup from the power plug and power outlet using a dry cloth.
  • Do not plug in or unplug the product with wet hands.
  • Do not use the product if the power plug is not fully inserted into the power outlet.
  • Do not expose the power plug and terminals to dirt or let them come into contact with metallic pins or other metal objects.
  • Do not touch the battery charger or AC adapter connected to a power outlet during lightning storms.
  • Do not place heavy objects on the power cord. Do not damage, break or modify the power cord.
  • Do not wrap the product in cloth or other materials when in use or shortly after use when the product is still warm in temperature.
  • Do not leave the product connected to a power source for long periods of time.
  • Do not charge batteries/battery packs at temperatures outside the range of 5 - 40 °C (41 - 104 °F).

    This may cause electric shock, explosion or fire.

  • Follow any indications to turn off the product in places where its use is forbidden.

    Not doing so may cause other equipment to malfunction due to the effect of electromagnetic waves and even result in accidents.

Follow the cautions below. Otherwise physical injury or property damage may result.
  • Avoid using, placing, or storing the product in the following places:

    • Places subject to direct sunlight
    • Places subject to temperatures above 40 °C (104 °F)
    • Humid or dusty places
    • Places subject to strong vibration

    This may cause overheating of or damage to the printer or adapter, which may result in electric shock, burns or other injury, or fire. High temperature may deform the product or adapter(s).

  • Do not touch any parts inside the product.

    This may cause injury.