Flash Exposure Compensation
Flash output is adjustable. The amount of flash exposure compensation can be set in a range of ±3 stops, in 1/3-stop increments.
Select with the joystick.
Set the flash exposure compensation amount.
- Press the joystick horizontally or turn to set the amount of compensation, then push the joystick straight in.
- “0.3” represents 1/3 stop and “0.7,” 2/3 stop.
- To cancel flash exposure compensation, return the value to “±0.”
- After you set a new value, it will not change if you press the joystick vertically.
- After changing the value, the changed value will not be set if the button is pressed.
- In general, use positive compensation for bright subjects and negative compensation for dark ones.
- When exposure compensation is set in 1/2-stop increments on the camera, flash exposure compensation is set in a range of ±3 stops in 1/2-stop increments.
- The Speedlite setting takes precedence if flash exposure compensation is set on both the Speedlite and the camera.
- You can set the flash exposure compensation amount by turning directly without selecting with the joystick (C.Fn-13).