Charging the Battery
Remove the protective cover.
Fully insert the battery into the charger.
- Do the opposite to remove the battery.
Recharge the battery.
- As shown by the arrow, flip out the battery charger's prongs and insert the prongs into a power outlet.
- Connect the power cord to the charger and insert the plug into a power outlet.
- Recharging starts automatically and the charge lamp blinks in orange.
|Charge Level||Charge Lamp|
|0–49%||Orange||Blinks once per sec.|
|50–74%||Blinks twice per sec.|
|75% or higher||Blinks three times per sec.|
|Fully charged||Green||Remains lit|
Charging a depleted battery takes approx. 2 hr. and 10 min. at room temperature (23°C/73°F). Charging time varies greatly depending on ambient temperature and remaining capacity.
- For safety, charging in low temperatures (5–10°C/41–50°F) takes longer (up to approx. 4 hr.).
The Speedlite does not come pre-charged.
Charge before use.
Charge on the day of use, or the day before.
Batteries gradually lose their charge while in storage.
- After charging the battery, remove it and unplug the charger.
The protective cover can be attached facing certain directions to indicate charged or depleted status.
Depending on the direction that you attach the cover, different colors are visible through the window (). By deciding the colors to use for charged and depleted batteries and attaching the cover accordingly, you can see the battery status at a glance.
When the Speedlite is not in use, remove the battery.
If the battery is left in the Speedlite over extended periods, the trace amount of current that continues to flow may lead to over-discharge and reduce the life of the battery. Store the battery with the protective cover attached. Note that storing the battery when it is fully charged may reduce its performance.
The battery charger can also be used in other countries.
The charger is compatible with 100–240 V AC 50/60 Hz household power. If necessary, attach a commercially available plug adapter for the country or region. To avoid damage, do not connect to portable voltage transformers.
Batteries that lose their charge quickly despite being fully charged may need to be replaced.
Check battery recharge performance before purchasing a new one.
- After unplugging the charger, do not touch the prongs for approx. 10 sec.
- Batteries are not charged unless the remaining capacity is lower than approx. 90%.
- Store in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated place.
- Even if the battery is removed, the trace amount of current that continues to flow internally may eventually lead to over-discharge and prevent further use despite charging.
- Before extended storage, charge the battery to approx. 50% about once a year.