You can protect important images from being accidentally erased.
Protecting Individual Images
Select [: Protect images].
Select [Select images].
Select the image to protect.
- Press the keys to select the image to protect.
Protect the image.
- Press the button to protect the selected image, after which it will be labeled with a  icon (1) at the top of the screen.
- To cancel protection and clear the  icon, press the button again.
- To protect another image, repeat steps 3 and 4.
Specifying the Range of Images to Protect
While looking at the images in the index display, you can specify the first and last images for a range to protect all the specified images at once.
Select [Select range].
- Select [Select range] in [: Protect images].
Specify the range of images.
- Select the first image (start point).
- Next, select the last image (end point). The images in the specified range will be protected and the  icon will appear.
- To select another image to protect, repeat step 2.
Protecting All Images in a Folder or on a Card
You can protect all the images in a folder or on a card at once.
- When you select [All images in folder] or [All images on card] in [: Protect images], all the images in the folder or on the card will be protected.
- To cancel protection, select [Unprotect all images in folder] or [Unprotect all images on card].