With the recording size set to / (NTSC) or  (PAL), you can shoot with approx. 1–10× digital zoom.
Select [: Digital zoom].
Select an option.
- Select [Enable], then press the button.
- Press the button to close the menu.
Use digital zoom.
- Tap  in the lower right.
- The digital zoom bar will appear.
- Tap [▲T] or press the key to zoom in, and tap [▼W] or press the key to zoom out.
- Pressing the shutter button halfway focuses with [1-point AF] (fixed at center).
- To cancel digital zoom, select [Off] in step 2.
- Using a tripod to prevent camera shake is recommended.
- Maximum ISO speed is ISO 12800.
- A magnified view is not available.
- Since Movie digital zoom processes the image digitally, the image will look grainier at higher magnifications. Noise, dots of light, etc. may also become noticeable.
- Also see Shooting Conditions That Make Focusing Difficult.
- The camera's internal temperature may rise and reduce the available recording time.
- [: Standby: Low res.] is set to [Disable] and cannot be changed ().