Optical Viewfinder Simulation
Natural-looking viewfinder and screen display, resembling the view from an optical viewfinder, is available in still photo shooting. Note that images displayed with this feature set to [On] may differ from actual shooting results.
Select [: OVF sim. view assist].
Select an option.
- Setting this feature to [On] sets [: Display simulation] to [Disable].
- Optical viewfinder simulation is used for display when this feature is set to [On] in HDR shooting.
- Creative filter display is used when shooting with Creative filters, even if this feature set to [On].
- Image brightness before and after One-Shot AF is more likely to change when set to [On] than when set to [Off].
- Optical viewfinder simulation is not used during display to external monitors, including in display to both an external monitor and the camera screen.
- Depending on setting screens, optical viewfinder simulation may not be used for display.
- Display may not resemble an optical viewfinder in some cases.
- The display appearance may change during continuous shooting, with some combinations of drive and shutter modes.
- Not available for multiple exposures or in RAW burst mode.