Radio Transmission Wireless Flash Photography
This chapter describes radio transmission wireless flash photography using sender and receiver functionality.
For details on Speedlites compatible with this wireless flash photography, refer to the Supplemental Information ().
- Operations described in this chapter are not available when the camera is in Full Auto or Basic Zone modes. Set the camera's shooting mode to , , , , , or Bulb () (Creative Zone).
- When it is important to maintain the wireless connection, do not operate the power switch or move parts such as the battery compartment cover. The wireless connection will be terminated.
- The EL-5 attached to the camera is referred to as a “sender,” and other Speedlites controlled wirelessly are referred to as “receivers.”
- The EL-5 also supports remote release (remote shooting) from a receiver (). For details, refer to the instruction manual of a Speedlite equipped with remote release functionality.
- Radio Transmission Wireless Flash Photography
- Wireless Settings
- Autoflash with One Receiver
- Autoflash with Two Receiver Groups
- Autoflash with Three Receiver Groups
- Wireless Multiple-Flash Photography with Flash Ratio
- Shooting in Group-Specific Flash Modes
- Firing Test Flash/Modeling Flash from Receivers
- Remote Release from Receivers
- Linked Shooting