Turning on the Power
The camera turns on. You can now shoot still photos and record movies.
The camera is turned off and does not function. Set the power switch to this position when not using the camera.
- [Saving...] is displayed if you set the power switch to during image recording to the card, and the camera will turn off after recording is finished.
Setting the Date, Time, and Time Zone
If the [Date/Time/Zone] setting screen is displayed after you turn on the camera, complete the Date/Time/Zone settings.
Setting the Display Language
To change the interface language, see Language.
Battery Level Indicator
When the power switch is set to , the battery level will be indicated.
|Battery level is sufficient.|
|Battery level is low, but the camera can still be used.|
|Battery will be exhausted soon (blinks).|
|Charge the battery.|
- Doing any of the following will exhaust the battery faster:
- Pressing the shutter button halfway for a prolonged period.
- Activating the AF frequently without taking a picture.
- Using Image Stabilizer.
- Using the Wi-Fi function or Bluetooth function.
- Using the screen frequently.
- The number of available shots may decrease depending on the actual shooting conditions.
- Lens operations are powered by the camera's battery. Certain lenses may exhaust the battery faster than others.
- In low ambient temperatures, shooting may not be possible even with a sufficient battery level.