Manual Exposure Compensation
Exposure compensation can brighten (increased exposure) or darken (decreased exposure) the standard exposure set by the camera.
Exposure compensation is available in P, Tv, Av, and M modes.
For details on exposure compensation when M mode and ISO Auto are both set, see M: Manual Exposure.
Check the exposure.
- Press the shutter button halfway and check the exposure level indicator.
Set the compensation amount.
Increased exposure, to brighten images
Decreased exposure, to darken images
- To set the amount, press the key to select exposure compensation and watch the screen as you turn the dial.
- A  icon is displayed to indicate exposure compensation.
Take the picture.
- To cancel exposure compensation, set the exposure level  to the standard exposure index ().
- The exposure compensation amount will remain in effect even after you set the power switch to .