Exposure Lock (AE Lock)
You can lock the exposure when you want to set the focus and exposure separately or when you will take multiple shots at the same exposure setting. Press the button to lock the exposure, then recompose and take the picture. This is called AE lock. It is effective for shooting backlit subjects, etc.
Focus on the subject.
- Press the shutter button halfway.
- The exposure value will be displayed.
Press the button ().
- A  icon is displayed in the lower left of the screen to indicate that exposure is locked (AE lock).
- Each time you press the button, the current exposure setting is locked.
Recompose and take the picture.
- When you are to take more pictures while maintaining the AE lock, keep holding down the button and press the shutter button to take another picture.
- AE lock is not possible with bulb exposures.
AE Lock Effects
|Metering Mode Selection||AF point selection|
|Automatic Selection||Manual Selection|
|Exposure centered on the AF point in focus is locked.||Exposure centered on the selected AF point is locked.|
|Center-weighted exposure is locked.|
When  is set with the lens’s focus mode switch set to , center-weighted exposure is locked.