Selecting the Drive Mode
Single and continuous drive modes are provided. You can select the drive mode suiting the scene or subject.
Press the button ().
- With an image displayed on the screen, press the button.
Select the drive mode item.
- Turn the dial to select the drive mode item.
Select the drive mode.
- Turn the dial to make a selection.
 Single shooting
When you hold down the shutter button completely, only one shot will be taken.
 High-speed continuous shooting +
When you hold down the shutter button completely, you can shoot continuously at max. approx. 12 shots/sec. while you keep holding it down.
 High-speed continuous shooting
When you hold down the shutter button completely, you can shoot continuously at max. approx. 8.0 shots/sec. ([: Shutter mode] set to [Mechanical]: max. approx. 6.0 shots/sec.) while you keep holding it down.
 Low-speed continuous shooting
When you hold down the shutter button completely, you can shoot continuously at max. approx. 3.0 shots/sec. while you keep holding it down.
 Self-timer: 10 sec./remote control
 Self-timer: 2 sec./remote control
For self-timer shooting, see Using the Self-Timer. For remote control shooting, see Remote Control Shooting.
Approx. 12 shots/sec. continuous shooting speed with  is available under the following conditions.
- Room temperature (23°C/73°F)
- Battery level (LP-E6NH): At least approx. 60% (or using an optional Battery Grip BG-R10, a battery level of at least approx. 60% with two LP-E6NH)
- Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec. or faster
- Wi-Fi connection: Not connected
- Flicker reduction: None
Set to maximum aperture, when using RF lenses or -compatible EF lenses*
For details on EF lenses compatible with , refer to EF Lenses Supporting 12 Shots/Sec. Continuous Shooting.
Continuous shooting speed for  and  changes as follows in response to factors such as battery level, temperature, flicker reduction, shutter speed, aperture value, subject conditions, brightness, AF operation, type of lens, use of flash, and shooting settings.
(Approx. shots/sec.) Icon Display Green White White (Blinking)  12 9.2 6.8  For [Elec. 1st-curtain] 8.0 6.0 4.9 For [Mechanical] 6.0 5.1 3.9
- Continuous shooting speed may become slower when using batteries with weak recharge performance ().
- Shooting continuously at up to approx. 12 shots/sec. is not possible using Wireless File Transmitter WFT-R10.
- Continuous shooting speed with Servo AF may be slower depending on subject conditions or the lens used.
- Continuous shooting speed may be lower when shooting under flickering light with [: Anti-flicker shoot.] set to [Enable] (). Also, the continuous shooting interval may become irregular and the release time lag may become longer.
- When internal memory becomes full during continuous shooting, the continuous shooting speed may drop off because shooting will be temporarily disabled ().