Customization with Custom Functions
C.Fn-00: (Distance indicator display)
You can select meters or feet for the distance indicator display on the LCD panel.
- 0: m (Meters (m))
- 1: ft (Feet (ft))
- The right end of the effective flash range on the LCD panel changes to when the effective flash distance exceeds 18 m / 60 ft.
C.Fn-01: (Auto power off)
To conserve power, the Speedlite turns off automatically if left idle for approx. 90 sec., but this function can be disabled.
- 0: ON
- 1: OFF
- Auto power off takes effect in approx. 5 min. when the Speedlite is set as a sender in radio transmission wireless flash photography () or configured for linked shooting ().
- When attached to a camera, the Speedlite turns off automatically if left idle for approx. 90 sec. after the camera has entered auto power off mode.
- Setting [Auto power off] on the camera to [Disable] also disables it on the Speedlite.
C.Fn-03: (FEB auto cancel)
You can set whether to cancel FEB automatically after the three shots are taken for FEB.
- 0: ON (Enabled)
- 1: OFF (Disabled)
C.Fn-04: (FEB sequence)
You can change the FEB shooting sequence. 0: Standard exposure, –: Negative compensation (darker), and +: Positive compensation (brighter).
- 0: 0 → – → +
- 1: – → 0 → +
C.Fn-08: (AF-assist beam firing)
- 0: ON (Enabled)
1: OFF (Disabled)
Disables the Speedlite's AF-assist beam.
C.Fn-10: (Receiver auto power off timer)
You can change the time until auto power off takes effect when the Speedlite is set as a receiver in radio transmission wireless flash photography. is displayed on the LCD panel when the receiver enters auto power off mode. Set this function for each receiver.
- 0: 60 min.
- 1: 10 min.
C.Fn-11: (Receiver auto power off cancel)
Receivers that have entered auto power off mode in wireless flash photography can be turned on by pressing the sender test flash button.
You can change the time allowed for receivers in auto power off mode to accept this signal. Set this function for each receiver.
- 0: 8 h (within 8 hr.)
- 1: 1 h (within 1 hr.)
C.Fn-13: (Flash exposure compensation setting)
- 0: (button + dial)
1: (Direct setting with dial)
You can turn to set the amount of flash exposure compensation or the flash output directly, without first selecting with the joystick.
C.Fn-18: (Modeling lamp activation)
You can select how the modeling lamp is activated.
- 0: (button)
- 1: (half-press shutter button twice)
- The button can still be used even with this setting set to .
- Note that [Macro:Focusing lamp on/off] in camera menus refers to configuring modeling lamp activation.
C.Fn-21: (Light distribution)
You can change the Speedlite's light distribution (flash coverage) characteristics relative to the shooting angle of view when flash coverage is set to (Auto).
Optimal flash coverage for the shooting angle of view is set automatically.
1: (Guide number priority)
Effective when prioritizing flash output, although image edges are slightly darker than when set to . Flash coverage is automatically set slightly more toward the telephoto end than the actual shooting angle of view. The display changes to .
2: (Light distribution priority)
Effective when minimizing vignetting, although the flash range is slightly shorter than when set to . Flash coverage is automatically set slightly more toward the wide-angle end than the actual shooting angle of view. The display changes to .
C.Fn-22: (LCD panel illumination)
The LCD panel is illuminated in response to button or dial operations. You can change this illumination setting.
- 0: 12 sec. (illuminated for 12 sec.)
- 1: OFF (Disable panel illumination)
- 2: ON (stays on)