Movie Servo AF
With this function enabled, the camera focuses on the subject continuously during movie recording.
Set the still photo shooting/movie recording switch to .
Select [: Movie Servo AF].
Select [Movie Servo AF].
Select an option.
- The camera focuses on the subject continuously even when you are not pressing the shutter button halfway.
To keep the focus at a specific position, or if you prefer not to record mechanical sounds from the lens, you can temporarily stop Movie Servo AF by tapping [Movie Servo AF paused] (1) in the lower left of the screen.
- Movie Servo AF will resume if you return to movie recording after operations such as pressing the or button or changing the AF area.
While you hold down the shutter button halfway, the camera will keep focusing on the subject continuously. Pressing the button focuses only once.
Precautions when set to [Movie Servo AF: Enable]
Shooting conditions that make focusing difficult
- A fast-moving subject approaching or moving away from the camera.
- A subject moving at a close distance to the camera.
- When shooting with a higher aperture value.
- Also see Shooting Conditions That Make Focusing Difficult.
- Since the lens is driven continuously and the battery power is consumed, the possible movie recording time () will be shortened.
- The camera's built-in microphone may also record mechanical sounds of the lens or sounds of camera/lens operations if AF operations are performed or the camera or lens is operated during movie recording. In this case, using an external microphone may reduce these sounds. If the sounds are still distracting with an external microphone, it may be more effective to remove the external microphone from the camera and position it away from the camera and lens.
- Movie Servo AF pauses during digital zooming or magnified view.
- During movie recording, if a subject approaches or moves away or if the camera is moved vertically or horizontally (panning), the recorded image may momentarily expand or contract (change in image magnification).
Subject Detection AF
Subjects set in [: Subject to detect] are prioritized for automatic selection.
Movie Servo AF is only used for subjects set in [: Subject to detect]. Movie Servo AF stops if no subject is detected.