This section summarizes software used with EOS cameras. Note that installing the software requires an internet connection. The software cannot be installed in environments without an internet connection.
Enables you to transfer captured images from the camera to a connected computer, set various camera settings from the computer, and shoot remotely from the computer.
Digital Photo Professional
Software recommended for users who shoot RAW images. Enables image viewing, editing, printing, and more.
Picture Style Editor
Enables you to edit existing Picture Styles or create and save original Picture Style files. This software is for users who are familiar with image processing.
Enables you to transfer captured images from the camera to a smartphone over a wired or wireless connection, set various camera settings from the smartphone, and shoot remotely from the smartphone.
Digital Photo Professional Express
App for RAW image processing and image editing on a smartphone or tablet. Requires a paid subscription.
Mobile File Transfer
Enables image transfer to an FTP/FTPS/SFTP server from a smartphone. Requires a paid subscription.
Installing Computer Software
Always install the latest version of the software. In this case, previous versions are overwritten.
- Do not install software while the camera is connected to the computer. The software will not be installed correctly.
- Installation is not possible without an internet connection.
- Older versions of the software do not support RAW image processing or correct display for images from this camera.
Download the software.
Connect to the internet from a computer and access the following Canon website.
Depending on the software, you may need to enter the camera's serial number. The serial number is on the bottom of the camera.
Extract the installer on the computer.
- Click the displayed installer file to start the installer.
- Double-click the dmg file to open the installation window.
- Double-click the icon in this window to start the installer.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Installing Smartphone Apps
- Always install the latest version.
- Apps can be installed from Google Play or App Store.
You can also access Google Play and App Store from the following Canon website.
Software Instruction Manuals
Check the following website for software instruction manuals.