Autoflash with Two Receiver Groups
Receivers can be divided into firing groups A and B, and you can adjust the lighting balance (flash ratio) between them.
Exposure is automatically controlled, so that the groups' combined output provides standard exposure.
Push the joystick straight in.
- Complete these settings on each receiver.
Set the receiver firing group in (1).
- Select either or for the firing group.
- Set one receiver to and another to .
Set the sender firing group in (2).
- Complete steps 3–5 on the sender.
- Press the joystick vertically or horizontally or turn to select the item, then push the joystick straight in.
Set to .
- Press the joystick horizontally or turn to select , then push the joystick straight in.
Set the A:B flash ratio.
- Push the joystick straight in to select the item shown in the figure.
- Press the joystick horizontally or turn to set the A:B flash ratio, then push the joystick straight in.
Check the connection and make sure the flash units are charged.
- Confirm that the lamp is lit in green.
- Confirm that the sender and receiver flash-ready lamps are lit.
- The sender beeps after all Speedlites have been recharged when P.Fn-05 is set to  ().
- Make sure is not displayed on the sender LCD panel.
- Confirm that the icon indicating completion of sender/receiver charging appears on the sender LCD panel ( is not displayed).
- For details on sender LCD panel illumination, see LCD Panel Illumination.
Take the picture.
- The receivers fire at the flash ratio you have set.