Wireless Communication Function Precautions
If the transmission rate drops, the connection is lost, or other problems occur when using the wireless communication functions, try the following corrective actions.
Distance Between the Camera and the Smartphone
If the camera is too far from the smartphone, a Wi-Fi connection may not be established even when Bluetooth connection is possible. In this case, bring the camera and the smartphone closer together, then establish a Wi-Fi connection.
Installation Location of Access Point Antenna
- When using indoors, install the device in the room where you are using the camera.
- Install the device where people or objects do not come between the device and the camera.
Nearby Electronic Devices
If the Wi-Fi transmission rate drops because of the influence of the following electronic devices, stop using them or move further away from the devices to transmit communication.
- The camera communicates over Wi-Fi via IEEE 802.11b/g/n using radio waves in the 2.4 GHz band. For this reason, the Wi-Fi transmission rate will drop if there are Bluetooth devices, microwave ovens, cordless telephones, microphones, smartphones, other cameras, or similar devices operating on the same frequency band nearby.
Precautions for Using Multiple Cameras
- When connecting multiple cameras to one access point via Wi-Fi, make sure the cameras’ IP addresses are different.
- When multiple cameras are connected to one access point via Wi-Fi, the transmission rate drops.
- When there are multiple IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz band) access points, leave a gap of five channels between each Wi-Fi channel to reduce radio wave interference. For example, use channels 1, 6, and 11, channels 2 and 7, or channels 3 and 8.