Playback on a TV Set
You can view your shots and movies on a TV by connecting the camera to a TV with a commercially available HDMI cable (not exceeding 2.5 m/8.2 ft., with a Type D terminal on the camera end).
If the image does not appear on the TV screen, confirm that [: Video system] is correctly set to [For NTSC] or [For PAL] (depending on the video system of your television).
Connect the HDMI cable to the camera.
- Insert the cable plug in the terminal.
Connect the HDMI cable to the television.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the television’s HDMI IN port.
Turn on the television and switch the television’s video input to select the connected port.
Set the camera’s power switch to .
Press the button.
- Images are now displayed on the television, with nothing displayed on the camera screen.
- The images will automatically be displayed at the optimum resolution matching the connected television.
- Adjust movie sound volume with the television. The sound volume cannot be adjusted with the camera.
- Before connecting or disconnecting the cable between the camera and television, turn off the camera and television.
- Depending on the television, part of the image displayed may be cut off.
- Do not connect any other device’s output to the camera’s terminal. Doing so may cause a malfunction.
- Certain televisions may not display the images due to incompatibility.
- It may take some time before images are displayed. To avoid delay, set [: HDMI resolution] to [1080p] ().
- Touch-screen operations are not supported while the camera is connected to a television.