Miniature Effect Movies
By blurring image areas outside a selected area, you can record movies with a miniature model effect applied. You can also choose a playback speed before recording to create movies that resemble miniature scenes with people and objects moving in fast motion. Note that sound is not recorded.
- Press , and on the Quick Control screen, select .
- Select , , or  as the playback speed.
Move the scene frame.
- Use the scene frame to set an area that will look sharp.
- To make the scene frame movable (displayed in orange), press the button or tap  in the lower right of the screen.
- To switch between vertical and horizontal scene frame orientation, tap  in the lower left of the screen.
- To move a horizontal scene frame, press the keys, and to move a vertical scene frame, press the keys.
- To return the scene frame to the center of the screen, tap  in the lower left.
- To confirm the position of the scene frame, press . Next, set the AF point.
Move the AF point.
- The AF point turns orange and can be moved.
- Press the keys to move the AF point to the position to focus on.
- Aligning the AF point and scene frame is recommended.
- To return the AF point to the center of the screen, tap  in the lower left.
- Press to confirm the position of the AF point.
Record the movie.
- Press the movie shooting button.
Speed and playback time (for a 1-minute movie)
|Approx. 12 sec.|
|Approx. 6 sec.|
|Approx. 3 sec.|
- To make people and objects in the scene move quickly during playback, select , , or  before recording the movie. Movies will resemble scenes in a miniature model.
- Sound is not recorded.
- You can switch the scene frame orientation in step 2 with the keys when in horizontal orientation or the keys when in vertical orientation.