Manual Exposure Mode (M)
In this mode, you set both the shutter speed and aperture value as desired. To determine the exposure, refer to the exposure level indicator or use a commercially available exposure meter.
stands for Manual.
Set the Mode dial to .
Set the ISO speed.
Set the desired shutter speed.
- Turn the dial to set it.
Set the desired aperture value.
- Press the key to select the aperture value, then turn the dial to set a value.
Focus on the subject.
(1) Standard exposure index
(2) Exposure level mark
- Press the shutter button halfway.
- Check the exposure level mark  to see how far the current exposure level is from the standard exposure level.
Set the exposure and take the picture.
- Check the exposure level indicator and set the desired shutter speed and aperture value.
-  or  appears at the ends of the exposure level indicator if the level exceeds ±3 stops from standard exposure.
Exposure Compensation with ISO Auto
- Tap the exposure level indicator
- [: Expo.comp./AEB]
- Exposure may not be as expected when ISO Auto is set, because the ISO speed is adjusted to ensure standard exposure for your specified shutter speed and aperture value. In this case, set the exposure compensation.
- Exposure compensation is not applied in flash photography with ISO Auto, even if you have set an exposure compensation amount.
- To enable Auto Lighting Optimizer to be specified in mode as well, clear the  mark for [Disable during man expo] in [: Auto Lighting Optimizer] ().
- When ISO Auto is set, you can press the button to lock the ISO speed.
- If you press the button and recompose the shot, you can see the exposure level difference on the exposure level indicator compared to when the button was pressed.