Turning on the Power
The camera turns on. You can now shoot still photos and record movies.
The camera is turned off and does not function. Set the power switch to this position when not using the camera.
Setting the Date, Time, and Time Zone
If the [Date/Time/Zone] setting screen is displayed after you turn on the camera, see Date/Time/Zone to set the date, time, and time zone.
Changing the Interface Language
To change the interface language, see Language.
Automatic Sensor Cleaning
- Whenever the power switch is set to or , the sensor is cleaned automatically (which may make a faint sound). During the sensor cleaning, the screen will display .
- If you repeatedly turn the power switch to or within a short time period, the  icon may not be displayed, but this does not indicate the camera is malfunctioning.
- If you set the power switch to while an image is being recorded to the card, [Saving...] will be displayed and the power will turn off after the recording finishes.
Battery Level Indicator
When the power switch is set to , the battery level will be indicated.
|Battery level is sufficient.|
|Battery level is low, but the camera can still be used.|
|Battery will be exhausted soon (blinks).|
|Charge the battery.|
- Doing any of the following will exhaust the battery faster:
- Pressing the shutter button halfway for a prolonged period.
- Activating the AF frequently without taking a picture.
- Using the lens’s Image Stabilizer.
- Using the Wi-Fi function or Bluetooth function.
- The number of available shots may decrease depending on the actual shooting conditions.
- Lens operations are powered by the camera’s battery. Certain lenses may exhaust the battery faster than others.
- In low ambient temperatures, shooting may not be possible even with a sufficient battery level.