Frame Extraction from 4K Movies or 4K Time-Lapse Movies
From 4K or 4K time-lapse movies, you can select individual frames to save as JPEG or HEIF still images. This function is called “Frame Grab.”
Select a 4K movie or 4K time-lapse movie.
In single-image display, press the button.
- The movie will start playing back.
Press the button to pause the movie.
- The movie playback panel will appear.
Select a frame to grab.
- Use the movie playback panel to select the frame to grab as a still image.
- For movie playback panel instructions, see Movie playback panel.
Press the button, then select .
Select [OK] to save the current frame as a JPEG still image.
HEIF images are saved if you grab frames from movies recorded with [: HDR shooting ] set to [Enable].
- Check the destination folder and image file number.
Select the image to display.
- Select [View original movie] or [View extracted still image].
Frame grabbing is not possible from the following 4K movies.
- Movies recorded with [: Canon Log settings] set to [On ()]
- Movies recorded with other cameras
- Frame grabbing is not possible while the camera is connected to a computer.