High ISO Speed Noise Reduction
You can reduce the image noise generated. This function is especially effective when shooting at high ISO speeds. When shooting at low ISO speeds, the noise in the darker parts of the image (shadow areas) can further be reduced.
Select [: High ISO speed NR].
Set the level.
Low, Standard, High
The camera applies an amount of noise reduction corresponding to your specified level.
Multi Shot Noise Reduction
Applies noise reduction with higher image quality than [High]. For a single photo, four shots are taken continuously and aligned and merged automatically into a single JPEG image.
Note that [Multi Shot Noise Reduction] is not available with image quality set to RAW or RAW+JPEG.
Precautions on Multi Shot Noise Reduction
- If there is significant misalignment in the image due to camera shake, the noise reduction effect may become smaller.
- Be careful about camera shake in handheld shots. Using a tripod is recommended.
- If you shoot a moving subject, the moving subject may leave afterimages.
- Auto image alignment may not function properly with repetitive patterns (lattice, stripes, etc.) or flat, single-tone images.
- If the subject's brightness changes as the four consecutive shots are taken, irregular exposure in the image may result.
- After shooting, it may take some time to record an image to the card after performing noise reduction and merging the images. “BUSY” is displayed as images are processed, and shooting is not possible until processing is finished.
- [Multi Shot Noise Reduction] is not available when any of these features are set: bulb exposures, AEB or WB bracketing, RAW or RAW+JPEG, long exposure noise reduction, multiple exposures, HDR mode, HDR PQ, focus bracketing, or electronic shutter.
- Flash photography is not available. Note that the AF-assist beam of Speedlites may be fired, depending on the [: AF-assist beam firing] setting.
- [Multi Shot Noise Reduction] is not available (not displayed) when recording movies.
- The camera automatically switches to [Standard] when RAW or RAW+JPEG image quality is set.
- The camera automatically switches to [Standard] if you set the power switch to , replace the battery or card, or switch to or mode or movie recording.