To help you adjust exposure before or during movie recording, you can display a striped pattern over or around image areas of a specified brightness.
Select [: Zebra settings].
- Select [On].
Select [Zebra pattern].
- [Zebra 1]: Displays left-slanting stripes around areas of the specified brightness.
- [Zebra 2]: Displays right-slanting stripes over areas that exceed the specified brightness.
[Zebra 1+2]: Displays both [Zebra 1] and [Zebra 2].
An overlapping zebra pattern is displayed where the [Zebra 1] and [Zebra 2] display areas overlap.
Set the level.
Zebra 1 level
Zebra 2 level
- Set by turning the or dial or pressing up or down.
- The maximum brightness value does not reach 100% when HDR-PQ is set. Note that the maximum brightness value varies depending on [: Highlight tone priority] and [: Picture Style] settings.
- The maximum brightness value does not reach 100% when Canon Log or an expanded ISO speed is set.
- Checking the zebra display level in advance is recommended when you will set [Zebra pattern].