All EF lenses can be used. The camera cannot be used with RF, EF-S, or EF-M lenses.
- Do not look at the sun directly through any lens. Doing so may cause loss of vision.
- When attaching or detaching a lens, set the camera's power switch to .
- If the front part (focusing ring) of the lens rotates during autofocusing, do not touch the rotating part.
Tips for avoiding smudges and dust
- When changing lenses, do it quickly in a place with minimal dust.
- When storing the camera without a lens attached, be sure to attach the body cap to the camera.
- Remove smudges and dust on the body cap before attaching it.
Attaching a Lens
Remove the caps.
- Remove the rear lens cap and the body cap by turning them as shown by the arrows.
Attach the lens.
- Align the red mount index on the lens with the red mount index on the camera and turn the lens as shown by the arrow until it clicks in place.
Set the lens's focus mode switch to .
- stands for autofocus.
- stands for manual focus. Autofocus will not operate.
Remove the front lens cap.
Detaching a Lens
While pressing the lens release button, turn the lens as shown by the arrow.
- Turn the lens until it stops, then detach it.
- Attach lens caps to the lens you removed.