This section summarizes software used with EOS cameras. Note that downloading and installing the software requires an internet connection. The software cannot be downloaded or installed in environments without an internet connection.
Enables you to transfer your captured still photos and movies from the camera to a connected computer, set various camera settings from the computer, and shoot remotely from the computer.
Digital Photo Professional
Software recommended for users who shoot RAW images. Enables image viewing, editing, printing, and more. Also enables RAW movie playback and editing.
Picture Style Editor
Enables you to edit existing Picture Styles or create and save original Picture Style files. This software is for users who are familiar with image processing.
GPS Log File Utility
Utility for converting GPS log files (.LOG) to KMZ format.
Downloading and Installing EOS Software or Other Dedicated Software
Always install the latest version of the software.
Update any previous versions that are installed by overwriting them with the latest version.
- Do not connect the camera to a computer before you install the software. The software will not be installed correctly.
- The software cannot be installed unless the computer is connected to the internet.
- Previous versions cannot display images from this camera correctly. Also, processing RAW images from this camera is not possible.
Download the software.
Connect to the internet from a computer and access the following Canon website.
- Select your country or region of residence and download the software.
- Depending on the software, you may need to enter the camera's serial number. The serial number is on the bottom of the camera.
Decompress it on the computer.
Click the displayed installer file to start the installer.
A dmg file will be created and displayed. Follow the steps below to startup the installer.
Double-click the dmg file.
A drive icon and installer file will appear on the desktop.
If the installer file does not appear, double-click the drive icon to display it.
Double-click the installer file.
- The installer starts.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Downloading the Software Instruction Manual
Software Instruction Manuals (PDF files) can be downloaded from the Canon website to your computer, etc.
Software Instruction Manual download site