Shooting with flash exposure (FE) locked provides suitable flash exposure over your specified area of the subject.
With displayed on the LCD panel, press the camera's (AE lock) button.
Focus on the subject.
Press the button ().
- Center the subject in the viewfinder, then press the camera's button.
- The Speedlite fires a preflash and stores the flash output required for the subject.
- [FEL] appears in the viewfinder for about half a second.
- Each time you press the button, the Speedlite fires a preflash and stores the flash output required at that time.
- blinks in the viewfinder if suitable exposure cannot be obtained with FE lock. Approach the subject or open the aperture, then try locking the flash exposure again. You can also try increasing the ISO speed before attempting FE lock again.
- FE lock may not be effective if the subject is too small on the screen.