You can protect important images from being accidentally erased.
Protecting Individual Images
Select [: Protect images].
Select [Select images].
Select the image to protect.
- Turn the dial to select an image to protect.
Protect the image.
- Press the button to protect the selected image, after which it will be labeled with a  icon (1) at the top of the screen.
- To cancel protection and clear the  icon, press the button again.
- To protect another image, repeat steps 3 and 4.
- During playback, you can press the button and protect images from the Quick Control screen.
Specifying the Range of Images to Protect
While looking at the images in the index display, you can specify the first and last images for a range to protect all the specified images at once.
Select [Select range].
- Select [Select range] in [: Protect images].
Specify the range of images.
- Select the first image (start point).
- Next, select the last image (end point). The images in the specified range will be protected and the  icon will appear.
- To select another image to protect, repeat step 2.
Protecting All Images in a Folder or on a Card
You can protect all the images in a folder or on a card at once.
- When you select [All images in folder] or [All images on card] in [: Protect images], all the images in the folder or on the card will be protected.
- To cancel protection, select [Unprotect all images in folder] or [Unprotect all images on card].
- If the search conditions are set with [: Set image search conditions] (), the display will change to [All found images] and [Unprotect all found].
- If you select [All found images], all the images filtered by the search conditions will be protected.
- If you select [Unprotect all found], the protection of all the filtered images will be canceled.