Using a USB Power Adapter to Charge/Power the Camera
Using USB Power Adapter PD-E1 (sold separately), you can charge Battery Pack LP-E6NH or LP-E6N without removing it from the camera. The camera can also be powered. Note that Battery Pack LP-E6 cannot be charged this way.
Connect the USB power adapter.
- With the camera power switch set to , insert the USB power adapter plug fully into the digital terminal.
Connect the power cord.
- Connect the power cord to the USB power adapter and plug the other end into a power outlet.
- Charging begins, and the access lamp (1) is lit in green.
- When charging is finished, the access lamp turns off.
To power the camera without charging, set the camera power switch to . However, batteries are charged during auto power off.
 is displayed on the screen while the camera is powered this way.
To change from powering the camera to charging, set the camera power switch to .
- The camera cannot be powered unless a battery pack is in it.
- When batteries are depleted, the adapter charges them. In this case, power is not supplied to the camera.
- To protect the battery pack and keep it in optimal condition, do not charge it continuously for more than 24 hours.
- If the charging lamp fails to light up or a problem occurs during charging (shown by the access lamp blinking in green), unplug the power cord, reinsert the battery, and wait a few minutes before plugging it in again. If the problem persists, take the camera to the nearest Canon Service Center.
- The charging time required and the amount charged vary depending on ambient temperature and remaining capacity.
- For safety, charging in low temperatures takes longer.
- The remaining battery level may decline when power is supplied to the camera. To avoid running out of battery power, use a fully charged batter when shooting at regular intervals.